Spring Fever has taken over.... or else its just a good excuse to blame things on. My boys are as wild as ever, and I feel like I may burst waiting for June (when Jon will redeploy) to come! Unfortunately, I have burst a few times and am not very proud of myself! We all makes mistakes though, right?! Anyways..... Jonny and Jax are full of it as usual. Its so fun to watch them each going through their own little phases right now. Its great also to see Jax going through some of the phases his big brother went through, although I keep seeing little hints that the terrible 2's are fast approaching our home again! This time around though its nice to have already gone through it once & know a little bit better about what to expect and how to deal!
Jonny is COMPLETELY into dinosaurs; lives, breathes, and eats them. He does not go anywhere without his T-Rex in his hand, can often be found pouncing around as a dinosaur, growls at people, & prefers to attack his food as if he were a dinosaur. Getting him dressed is usually challenging as well, seeing how he prefers to only wear dinosaur clothing. He has a couple of dinosaur shirts, some dino pajama's, and now some dinosaur swimming trunks (thank you Gramma)..... sadly though, a few of his shirts are getting a bit too small & it may be time to soon pass them on to little brother, which is NOT going to go over well! Thank goodness he has a Gramma who loves to spoil him, hopefully there will be some new, bigger dino tee's in his future! He is having lots of fun at Gramma & Poppa's house, playing with his friends (twins my mom babysits), all of his cousins (my cousins), and going on adventures with Poppa!
Jax, Jax, Jax..... have you ever seen Jack Jack-Attack on The Incredibles. My son, I believe, is part Jack-Jack. He will be sweet & loving one moment, then lunge at you the next, ready to bite, hit or just plain attack. He also loves to throw.... whether he is happy, mad or sad! If you plan on telling him no for something though, make sure you're out of range of his throwing arm! Jax's new obsession right now is SHOES.... and he is very particular about them. His latest fashion is wearing 2 different shoes at a time, they cannot be the same! From the time he wakes up till the time he goes to bed, he has to have his shoes on. I remember Jonny going through a shoe fetish at this age, although with Jonny it was just one camo croc that he took with him everywhere. Its a little sad to think that Jax is now the same age Jonny was, when I had him.... a little crazy to think that much time has gone by already. And my baby really isn't a baby anymore! Jax is having just as much of a blast here at Gramma & Poppa's, as his big brother is. And I am loving all the help I am getting!
We have a couple of more months till Jon will return from Afghanistan, he should be back now in June sometime. He has been gone now for 10 months (44 weeks), and it has been 10 weeks since we saw him for his R&R. We all miss him pretty much every day. Jonny has occasional meltdowns of just wanting his daddy and its hard to see him upset like that. But we're getting through it. Life is tough at times, but we have wonderful family and friends who are always there for us to lean on when we need to! And what doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger!
Thank goodness Spring is finally here though, the last season of this deployment. I've had so many different ways of counting down the deployment, but watching the seasons change from one to the next, has been the best. I miss my home in Colorado, but I love being back at my parents this time of the year. The weather is mild (a little windier than I'd prefer), the alfalfa in the fields is starting to grow, the lilac trees are beginning to blossom and Winter is slowly fading everywhere! Thank goodness for that!





No comments:
Post a Comment