The boys and I had a great Easter this year. Its the last major holiday for me to check off of my countdown.... so far we've made it through the 4th of July, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentines, birthdays & all of the other little hoidays in between. Most of the time we were able to enjoy the different holidays with family and friends, which has made it easier, but I'm looking forward to when the deployment will be over and Jon will be around to celebrate with us (knock on wood for at least some of them)! Reality is we may miss a few, but we will take what we can get!
I'm starting to have a lot more fun with the holidays now, since the boys are getting older & enjoying them more. The little child in me that used to get excited for holidays is starting to come back around, now that I'm passing it along to my boys! It was also nice to be back at my parents for this one & sort of have them as a guide in celebrating this year. My parents always made the holidays a special time for my sisters & I when we were growing up, so you can imagine how much more they did for their grandsons.... j/k!
Easter morning I woke up bright & early to my first born burping (you may have heard me tell before how he has developed a burping OCD). I checked the time, it was 5:15.... I was not happy. I told him twice to cut it out & after awhile he finally did. I'm still not sure if he was awake or asleep, burping. But none the less, I was awake. I finally crawled out of bed around 6:00, trying not to be too quiet because I was excited for the boys to wake up & the festivities to begin. Unfortunately though, this was a morning the boys decided to sleep in. When they still hadn't woken up by 7:00, I decided it was time to give them a little nudge. They weren't too happy with me, but once Auntie Kali & Poppa came into the room, they were smiling & ready to go! Jonny was so excited to see his Easter basket full of goodies from the Easter Bunny. Jax just sort of tagged along & followed his brothers lead. They both got some new books & coloring books, piggy banks, a couple of shirts, a Nemo ball for Jax & a Hatch a Dino for Jonny. Amma (Grandma) Margret sent the boys Easter Eggs from Iceland (big chocolate, hollowed out eggs, that were full of goodies inside). I usually try not to go all out & make the holidays about getting presents. I'm trying to teach my boys more about the importance of the holiday & why we are celebrating, rather than them only caring about how many presents they are going to get. But Grandparents love to spoil & I did take the opportunity to make the few gifts we gave them church-related.
Once all of the goodies were inspected, it was time for the hunt to begin. I'm pretty sure they didn't quite grasp the whole idea of an Easter Egg Hunt, but it was still fun to watch. They were both very easily distracted, they'd find a chocolate & stop & have to eat it, or a little egg filled with a new baby dinosaur & want to stop & play. We would have to remind them to keep looking or hint at where something might be & maybe they should take a look..... took a little bit of pushing, but over-all the hunt was a success. I saw that my boys definitely have different personality traits..... Jonny is a bit more laid back & relaxed (a nicer way to call him spacey & easily distracted) & Jax is more driven & determined! They found lots of chocolate, the eggs they had dyed the night before, & lots of plastic eggs filled with money, candy & baby dinos! Quite a haul for 2 little boys!





No comments:
Post a Comment